- A common petrel of southern oceans, having black plumage with white markings.
More example sentences
- Daption capense, family Procellariidae
- The distinctively patterned Pintado Petrel is fairly common and the Sooty Shearwater is usually seen.
- Throughout the voyage, giant petrels, wandering and black-browed albatross and pintado petrels followed the ship, providing me with constant opportunities for flight photos.
early 17th century: from Portuguese and Spanish pintado 'guinea fowl' + petrel.
More definitions of pintado petrelDefinition of pintado petrel in:
- The US English dictionary