- A pin or bolt on which a rudder or other part turns.More example sentences
- A little further aft, pintles and ammunition for machine guns and rapid-firing anti-aircraft guns lie on the seabed, with a gun and its armoured shield among the debris.
- The hinges are flat straps across the front, which bend over the pintles and form a short neat strap on the back, ending in split curls.
- The internal armament of the helicopter comprises a pintle mounted 7.62 mm machine gun and a door gunner post for a 12.7mm general purpose machine gun.
Old English pintel 'penis', perhaps a diminutive; compare with Dutch pint and German Pint 'penis', of unknown ultimate origin.
More definitions of pintleDefinition of pintle in:
- The US English dictionary