- Piebald.More example sentences
- ‘There has been a great increase in the number of pinto breeders in the US and I feel the trend will spill over into this country,’ Miles said.
- As we passed a ranch with several pinto ponies in the corral, it didn't require much on my part to envision that the Comanches were not gone, the Longhorns were not gone, the drovers, the outlaws, the gunfighters - none of them were gone.
- I found a real beauty - and cheap - a pinto colt with mismatched eyes: one dark, one lunatic blue.
noun (plural pintos)Back to top
- A piebald horse.More example sentences
- Where you from that they don't have bays and chestnuts, only pintos?
- Zef's cannon was to their left with two pintos tied to a close by shrub.
- A painted horse is a quarter horse with colour, not like piebald or a pinto.
mid 19th century: from Spanish, literally 'mottled', based on Latin pictus, past participle of pingere 'to paint'.
More definitions of pintoDefinition of pinto in:
- The US English dictionary