- 1A bagpipe player.More example sentences
- AS THE drone of the bagpipes settles into a pleasing skirl, the piper enters and a hush falls over the crowd.
- The Piping Centre's founding director of piping is also one of the world's most accomplished solo pipers and a pipe major with the acclaimed ScottishPower Pipe Band.
- Standing on a makeshift stage of whisky barrels, the six drummers, pipers and vocalists are a dishevelled-looking bunch: think Braveheart meets Mad Max.
- 2A person who plays a pipe, especially an itinerant musician.More example sentences
- MacDonald himself will play various pipes and flute, accompanied by seven other pipers and four backing musicians.
- Three pipers, piping furiously, entered the gaming-space, followed by twelve young warriors in white cloaks and helmets decorated with the tail-feathers of the black eagle.
- This is always quite a ceremony, with pipers piping and whisky flowing and famous faces popping up all over.
Old English pīpere.
More definitions of piperDefinition of piper in:
- The US English dictionary