- A Muslim saint or holy man.More example sentences
- Almost all cultures that have benevolent images of magic-workers - shamans, healers, pirs, saints - also have malevolent ones.
- He is running from Hala in Sindh, and since he is the pir or saint of Hala, he will certainly win his seat.
- Built in 1650, it is attributed to a pir named Abdul Karim, who was more popularly known as Sheikh Chehli among the local inhabitants.
from Persian pīr 'old man'.
More definitions of PIRDefinition of pir in:
- The US English dictionary