(also pisiform bone)
- A small rounded carpal bone situated where the palm of the hand meets the outer edge of the wrist and articulating with the triquetral.More example sentences
- The motor branch to the hypothenar muscles separates from the main ulnar nerve just distal to the pisiform at the wrist.
- The nerve recombined also beyond the tendon and was subject to compression, proximal to the pisiform bone.
- The flexor carpi ulnaris inserts on the pisiform.
mid 18th century: from modern Latin pisiformis 'pea-shaped', from pisum 'pea' + forma 'shape'.
More definitions of pisiformDefinition of pisiform in:
- The US English dictionary