noun[mass noun] Geology
- A sedimentary rock, especially limestone, made up of small pea-shaped pieces.More example sentences
- The present study located at the upper part of a catena at Kade in Ghana shows that the gravel consists of iron nodules or pisolites of varying degree of cementation.
- More example sentences
- A short core in this unit at Marchwood 1, shows that here the oolitic limestone is brecciated and pisolitic.
- In petrology it denotes a type of rock structure characterized by the presence of minute spherical grains resembling the roe of a fish; if the grains become larger, the structure is said to be pisolitic.
More definitions of pisoliteDefinition of pisolite in:
- The US English dictionary