- (Of a plant or flower) having pistils but no stamens. Compare with staminate.More example sentences
- In each treatment, eight to 20 pistillate flowers on different plants were used.
- Bract length was measured from the base of the bract to the apex of the midrib for both pistillate and staminate plants.
- In a hermaphroditic plant, flowers are first staminate, then pistillate, and the sexual stages do not overlap within the flower.
More definitions of pistillateDefinition of pistillate in:
- The US English dictionary