- A rod or crankshaft attached to a piston to drive a wheel or to impart motion.More example sentences
- ‘Iry, the damned piston rod seized on the crankshaft,’ she said, her voice rising.
- When a cylinder fires, the piston rod is at an angle and can immediately turn the crankshaft via the cam at the end of the pivoting arm.
- This overbalance is calculated as a function of the reciprocating mass of the piston, piston rod, cross-head, and front portion of the main rod.
More definitions of piston rodDefinition of piston rod in:
- The US English dictionary