noun• informal , chiefly US
- An employee in a casino in charge of gaming tables.More example sentences
- They include several police detectives, a casino pit boss, a nurse and a former state representative who ran unsuccessfully for a Michigan senate seat.
- Odds are you won't hear a pit boss or casino hostess utter those words next time you belly up to the blackjack table.
- Just then the pit boss appeared and the dealer, who looked surprised after reading the placard, asked him about this unusual rule.
More definitions of pit bossDefinition of pit boss in:
- The US English dictionary