- A pine tree with hard, heavy, resinous timber that is used in building, especially the longleaf pine of North America.More example sentences
- We sampled vegetation and developed pitch pine and Virginia pine tree-ring chronologies from the midslope and the mountaintop.
- After the Virginia pine established, most trees experienced a release in growth in the 1960s; this 1960s release event was not identified in the pitch pine from the same site.
- Today, Steinauer explains, they've either been developed or invaded by pitch pine and scrub oak.
More definitions of pitch pineDefinition of pitch pine in:
- The US English dictionary