Definition of pitchside in English:
The area adjacent to the side of a football or other sports pitch.
- My only other memory from that day was looking down at half-time to see rivers of urine making their way to pitchside.
- Like other football managers sitting nervously on the pitchside, Ferguson likes chewing.
- After leading the team out the boys will then be able to watch the game at pitchside before returning home on Monday.
adjective & adverbBack to top
At, on, or towards the side of a football or other sports pitch: [as adjective]: a pitchside briefing [as adverb]: reporters will be pitchside with the fans
More example sentences
- Chasing a stray ball in tandem, Webster knocked Bayne into the pitchside wall with what appeared to be undue malevolence.
- An unforgettable score for all - including workmen working pitch side who showed their appreciation.
- Everybody is welcome to watch, there is no charge, there is always plenty of food, and refreshments pitch side.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.