- The area adjacent to the side of a football or other sports pitch.More example sentences
- My only other memory from that day was looking down at half-time to see rivers of urine making their way to pitchside.
- Like other football managers sitting nervously on the pitchside, Ferguson likes chewing.
- After leading the team out the boys will then be able to watch the game at pitchside before returning home on Monday.
adjective & adverbBack to top
- At, on, or towards the side of a football or other sports pitch: [as adjective]: a pitchside briefing [as adverb]: reporters will be pitchside with the fansMore example sentences
- Chasing a stray ball in tandem, Webster knocked Bayne into the pitchside wall with what appeared to be undue malevolence.
- An unforgettable score for all - including workmen working pitch side who showed their appreciation.
- Everybody is welcome to watch, there is no charge, there is always plenty of food, and refreshments pitch side.