adjective (pitchier, pitchiest)
Like or as dark as pitch.
- Crystals are probably at least partially metamict and can be recognized by their high specific gravity, pitchy luster, and black color.
- More often than not they're long wooden buildings, creosoted to a pitchy blackness and with white-painted windows.
- Drawing has been rudely incised and rubbed with pitchy graphite, which collects in the scars of the engraved surface.
Words that rhyme with pitchybitchy, itchy, kitschy, Richie, titchy, twitchy
Definition of pitchy in:
- US English dictionary
Entry from US English dictionary
adjective (pitchier, pitchiest)informal
Off-pitch; out of tune: pitchy vocals
More example sentences
- First half of it was definitely really pitchy for you.
- His voice screamed inside of her head louder and more pitchy than before.
- I always found her to be nasally and pitchy, but I'm not a big fan of the country twang to begin with.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.