Deserving or arousing pity: a piteous cry
More example sentences
- The girl uttered a cry, long, tremulous, heart-rending, piteous.
- This same mother will also tell you not to cut the tree, for it will bleed real blood during the night and cry out with a piteous wail.
- The court proved immune to these piteous cries and upheld the sentence, anyway.
- Example sentences
- I will now refrain from weeping piteously into my keyboard.
- The woman chewed the herbs for a while, as if mulling them over slowly, and then swallowed piteously.
- Young and old, they stand in corners, hands outstretched, mewing piteously.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.