(also pixellate or pixilate)
Definition of pixelate in English:
1Divide (an image) into pixels, typically for display or storage in a digital format.
- Especially jarring are the pixelated JPEG graphics that are used throughout as illustrations.
- It's hard to imagine that video game designers didn't have her in mind when they pixelated her.
- Now that we've pixelated the image, there's a few different things we can do with it, and we'll look at them next.
1.1Display an image of (someone or something) on television as a small number of large pixels, typically in order to disguise someone’s identity.
- The faces of others in the doorway were pixelated so as not to reveal their identity.
- (There's no need to worry your grandparents - the offending area was pixellated, being one of the few things that is still not allowed to be shown under the censor's rules).
- This seems especially bizarre when I heard another report that a man's bare torso was pixelated on the American news networks so as to ensure that no viewers would be offended.
Definition of pixelate in:
- US English dictionary