- A small mat underneath a person’s dining plate, used to protect the table from the heat of the plate and food.More example sentences
- There was a stack of plates, a cup, a place mat, a clock that was off by ten minutes, a box of tissues, a coat, and an odd looking lamp.
- A little elbow grease, a nice place mat and some dishes, and the table awaited its diner.
- He had seated himself at our dark wood table where, earlier, she had set out a crocheted place mat with fork and knife and napkin.
More definitions of place matDefinition of place mat in:
- The US English dictionary