- The method or action of sawing timber tangential to the growth rings, so that the rings make angles of less than 45° with the faces of the boards produced.More example sentences
- As described, quarter sawing is more of an art than plain sawing.
- Plain sawing is the most common method of sawing and consequently most lumber is plain sawn.
- This process does not produce any more waste than plain sawing, but it does require some extra time to flip the quarters back and forth.
More definitions of plain sawingDefinition of plain sawing in:
- The US English dictionary