- another term for plainsong.More example sentences
- The German term originally signified a plainchant melody sung chorally, but from the late 16th century its meaning was widened to include vernacular hymns.
- But the text of Rex tremendae is part of the Dies irae sequence, not the other way round, and there is no trace of the Dies irae plainchant in Mozart's setting.
- The main theme of this movement is the Dies Irae from the medieval plainchant.
More definitions of plainchantDefinition of plainchant in:
- The US English dictionary