noun (plural plainsmen)
- A person who lives on a plain, especially a frontiersman who lived on the Great Plains of North America.More example sentences
- When I lived among the plainsmen of the Mattah'ri, I was apprenticed for a while to the Mapkeeper.
- After the cattle were sold and the skin stripped, these rough-and-tumble plainsmen would cook the carcass over an open fire, and thus, it's said, the Argentine passion for grilled beef was born.
- Cowboys were of course plainsmen - Midwesterners operating from Texas to Kansas to the Dakotas.
More definitions of plainsmanDefinition of plainsman in:
- The US English dictionary