- A small board supported on castors, typically heart-shaped and fitted with a vertical pencil, used for automatic writing and in seances: the planchette jerked and skittered to the upper left-hand corner of the paperMore example sentences
- With their fingers on the planchette, they saw it move about the board's array of printed letters, numbers, and the words yes and no to spell our messages - she told him - from spirits of the dead.
- In some sense, therefore, the device allows the cursor to be a planchette in a virtual Ouija board effect.
- The Museum of Talking Boards contains galleries of previously manufactured boards and planchettes, and those currently in production.
mid 19th century: from French, literally 'small plank', diminutive of planche.
More definitions of planchetteDefinition of planchette in:
- The US English dictionary