- A policy of producing consumer goods that rapidly become obsolete and so require replacing, achieved by frequent changes in design, termination of the supply of spare parts, and the use of non-durable materials.More example sentences
- Following his own advice, he introduced annual model changes for GM cars - planned obsolescence designed to make the consumer discontented with what he or she already had.
- Big business gave us planned obsolescence and blundering corporations.
- But dig a little deeper and the truth is more complex and may say as much about planned obsolescence as it does consumer safety.
More definitions of planned obsolescenceDefinition of planned obsolescence in:
- The US English dictionary