noun (plural plantsmen or plantswomen)
- An expert in garden plants and gardening: he is remembered as a traveller, collector, and particularly as a plantsmanMore example sentences
- In addition to the show gardens, plantsmen were out in force, with over 20 nurseries showing their wares.
- We also put in a plantsman's garden to appeal to plant enthusiasts.
- Even the earliest European plantsmen to ‘discover’ them here reported that the huge flat blooms resembled a ‘plate or platter.’
More definitions of plantsmanDefinition of plantsman in:
- The US English dictionary