- A microscopic membrane of lipids and proteins which forms the external boundary of the cytoplasm of a cell or encloses a vacuole, and regulates the passage of molecules in and out of the cytoplasm.More example sentences
- The electrode tip pushes through the cell wall tending to jump quickly across the plasma membrane into either the cytoplasm or the vacuole.
- Cholesterol is one of the major lipid components of the plasma membrane of mammalian cells.
- Among all the fluxes in the whole plant, the passage of through the plasma membrane of root cells has been intensively studied.
More definitions of plasma membraneDefinition of plasma membrane in:
- The US English dictionary