verb[with object] Botany
- Subject to plasmolysis: their cells constantly lose water to the atmosphere and may become plasmolysedMore example sentences
- Cells were plasmolysed 30 min prior to observation.
- TBO staining of sections in epoxy resin of stage four nodosities induced by isolate SRU-1 showed that cells through which the stylet had passed were plasmolysed.
- In other experiments, we plasmolyzed cells in 50% saturated sucrose before microscopy.
More definitions of plasmolyseDefinition of plasmolyse in:
- The US English dictionary