- A quantum or quasiparticle associated with a local collective oscillation of charge density.More example sentences
- It is based upon the coupling of plasmons (charge density oscillations) excited by light in thin metal films, with waveguide modes in a dielectric layer overcoating the metal film.
- At each groove, plasmons scatter and radiate some light, while some plasmon energy remains to travel to the next groove.
- The surface plasmons then decay into photons, which are emitted from the surface.
More definitions of plasmonDefinition of plasmon in:
- The US English dictionary