- A technique for the preservation of animal and human tissue by which body fluids and fat are replaced with synthetic materials such as silicone resins or epoxy polymers: plastination exposed the body’s internal structures and greatly enhanced researchers' ability to study themMore example sentences
- He used a process called plastination to preserve the bodies, which he developed over the past 25 years.
- Using the revolutionary process of plastination, the body specimens are preserved with special plastics that enable us to view the many organs and systems under our skin.
- The exhibition features 175 healthy and diseased body parts and 25 whole bodies, which have been preserved in a process called plastination, where fluids are drained and exchanged for plastic.
More definitions of plastinationDefinition of plastination in:
- The US English dictionary