- Protective armour of metal plates, especially as worn in medieval times by knights.More example sentences
- It was only after 1250 with the advent of plate armour that swords with truly sharp points began to appear.
- It is a myth that this plate armour was heavy and that it limited a man's mobility.
- Hearts of oak have become as obsolete as knights in plate armour, and the leviathan protectors of trade are themselves too vulnerable.
More definitions of plate armourDefinition of plate armour in:
- The US English dictionary