- A framed platinum disc awarded to a recording artist or group for sales of a record exceeding a specified high figure.More example sentences
- Eleanor Shanley was recently presented with a platinum disc for sales of over 15,000 copies of her new album ‘Eleanor Shanley and Friends’, by television and radio personality Marian Finucane.
- On the day they were awarded their first platinum disc, Los Angeles mayor Tom Bradley announced a city-wide Bangles Day.
- Music director Vidyasagar, who has a number of hits to his credit too says he has not managed to record a platinum disc for quite some time.
More definitions of platinum discDefinition of platinum disc in:
- The US English dictionary