Definition of platitudinous in English:
(Of a remark or statement) used too often to be interesting or thoughtful; hackneyed: this may sound platitudinous
More example sentences
- Ideas endlessly repeated and permutated become platitudinous, trite, meaningless.
- Both the words and the images articulate strong emotion with admirable economy and convey a sense of the preciousness of life without being sentimental, platitudinous or falsely hopeful.
- The tips are the same type of common sense platitudinous advice that columnists dispense on a regular basis.
- Example sentences
- His cryptic allusions to economic injustice are totally inadequate as social analysis, either completely misidentifying the nature of America's problems or soft-pedaling them into glib platitudinousness.
- Whatever came out of Lou's mouth must be understood as having nothing to do with him, Loophole, as he wished to be seen, but rather with whatever platitudinousness was near at hand to most plausibly fit a situation completely beyond his, Lou's grasp.
- The conclusion, for all its seeming platitudinousness, is very complex.
Words that rhyme with platitudinousmultitudinous, pulchritudinous, vicissitudinous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.