Definition of platitudinous in English:
(Of a remark or statement) used too often to be interesting or thoughtful; hackneyed: this may sound platitudinous
More example sentences
- Ideas endlessly repeated and permutated become platitudinous, trite, meaningless.
- Both the words and the images articulate strong emotion with admirable economy and convey a sense of the preciousness of life without being sentimental, platitudinous or falsely hopeful.
- The tips are the same type of common sense platitudinous advice that columnists dispense on a regular basis.
- Example sentences
- And, like their absence, their platitudinousness was attributed to their work—that is, it was taken as a function of their profession.
- The conclusion, for all its seeming platitudinousness, is very complex.
- Whatever came out of Lou's mouth must be understood as having nothing to do with him, Loophole, as he wished to be seen, but rather with whatever platitudinousness was near at hand to most plausibly fit a situation completely beyond his, Lou's grasp.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan