- The chain comes to an end where neither your plausible responses nor mine change as the reasoning continues.
- There is no plausible reason and explanation why the amount should be increased.
- If they are representative, the only plausible answer is to consider their supposed ideology.
- Of course, he's horribly plausible and a formidable election campaigner.
- The Liberal Democrats might wake up, go out and at last find a plausible candidate for prime minister.
- They had only got seconds to make up their mind because he was so plausible.
Mid 16th century (also in the sense 'deserving applause or approval'): from Latin plausibilis, from plaus- 'applauded', from the verb plaudere.
Words that rhyme with plausibleimplausible
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: plaus|ible
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.