- A person who goes to the theatre regularly: the actor was a great favourite with the London playgoersMore example sentences
- Last year at the Gate Theatre, Dublin, local playgoers roared at every move made by Ardal O'Hanlon in Ronald Harwood's version of this celebrated French comedy.
- The director has trouble convincing playgoers that the trio has been separated from one another for as long as the script suggests but does a dandy job bringing subsequent scenes to a feverish pitch.
- Actually, late sixteenth-century playgoers, actors and playwrights considered the stage as a set of funerary items and buildings.
More definitions of playgoerDefinition of playgoer in:
- The US English dictionary