- A field used for outdoor team games.More example sentences
- The sports centre subsidises things like playing fields and football fields.
- This racing season kicks off with a slate of technical amendments aimed at leveling the playing field for all teams.
- A small car parking area on a Rayleigh playing field could be closed by the town council because of its poor condition.
a level playing field
- see level.
More definitions of playing fieldDefinition of playing field in:
- The US English dictionary