- 1A toy: the rocking horse has been a favourite child’s plaything for generationsMore example sentences
- When a battered child looks at his bruises and cries out for help, his favourite plaything - the computer by his bedside - could be his saviour.
- Americans continue to spend more on imported playthings, though fewer toys and games are being exported from the U.S.
- By providing shared playthings like building blocks and story books and arranging sing-songs, the organisation is encouraging children to play together as normal and put their strange circumstances out of their minds for awhile.
- 1.1A person treated as amusing but unimportant by someone else: she was the mistress and plaything of a wealthy businessmanMore example sentences
- It's easy to treat them as little playthings, forgetting they are highly insightful and sensitive.
- With Makoto now on the defensive and Inoue treated as a plaything, the entire situation looked grim for the entire village and even bleaker for the two defenders.
- He loved the matron like no other, but to her, he was a servant, a plaything, to be treated as she pleased, and discarded when she tired of him.