nounchiefly North American
- 1A public square, marketplace, or similar open space in a built-up area: the plaza is lively in the evenings when the pavement cafes are fullMore example sentences
- The Learning Corridor includes five separate buildings, large public plazas and green spaces, and a parking garage.
- We have some lovely plazas, squares, public markets, and parks.
- A plaza joins a public esplanade which is planned to eventually connect all of Tacoma's waterfront.
- 2A shopping centre: they bought fancy bridal wear at the plazaMore example sentences
- At malls and huge shopping plazas, you get pushed and jostled.
- It's more of a small indoor shopping plaza with retail stores and the like.
- I finally caught up with him inside a store in one of the shopping plazas.
late 17th century: from Spanish, literally 'place'.
More definitions of plazaDefinition of plaza in:
- The US English dictionary