- But unlike Moore, he doesn't rely on emotional pleas from hysterical moms and funny songs to lighten the mood.
- Beware of charities long on emotional pleas but short on concrete examples of where the money goes, she advised.
- He also is undecided on his emotions, chopping and changing between angry violent outbursts and whiny emotional pleas.
- You must demonstrate that you have made a decision and will no longer accept philandering, excuses, promises or pleas.
- His attorneys moved on Wednesday to obtain a prompt hearing on his plea that he is legally entitled to release.
- He was given six years for forgery despite his plea that he regarded painting banknotes as "a new form of art."
- The defendants put forward a plea of justification, based on the issue of the writ itself.
- It seems that he indicated a plea of guilty even before the charge was amended.
- I have already said that I am not going to make a plea of diminished responsibility on the grounds of incapacity.
plea of tender
- Law A plea that the defendant has always been ready to satisfy the plaintiff’s claim and now brings the sum into court.Example sentences
- The affidavit further stated, that the district attorney of the United States moved to strike off from the record the plea of tender as a nullity.
- Granting that this plea of tender into court is defective, it would not render the petition insufficient to state a cause of action.
Middle English (in the sense 'lawsuit'): from Old French plait, plaid 'agreement, discussion', from Latin placitum 'a decree', neuter past participle of placere 'to please'.
Words that rhyme with pleaabsentee, açai, addressee, adoptee, agree, allottee, amputee, appellee, appointee, appraisee, après-ski, assignee, asylee, attendee, bailee, bain-marie, Bangui, bargee, bawbee, be, Bea, bee, bootee, bouquet garni, bourgeoisie, Brie, BSc, buckshee, Capri, cc, chimpanzee, cohabitee, conferee, consignee, consultee, Cree, debauchee, decree, dedicatee, Dee, degree, deportee, dernier cri, detainee, devisee, devotee, divorcee, draftee, dree, Dundee, dungaree, eau-de-vie, emcee, employee, endorsee, en famille, ennui, enrollee, escapee, esprit, evacuee, examinee, expellee, fee, fiddle-de-dee, flea, flee, fleur-de-lis, foresee, franchisee, free, fusee (US fuzee), Gardaí, garnishee, gee, ghee, glee, goatee, grandee, Grand Prix, grantee, Guarani, guarantee, he, HMRC, indictee, inductee, internee, interviewee, invitee, jamboree, Jaycee, jeu d'esprit, key, knee, Lea, lee, legatee, Leigh, lessee, Ley, licensee, loanee, lychee, manatee, Manichee, maquis, Marie, marquee, me, Midi, mortgagee, MSc, nominee, obligee, Otomi, parolee, Parsee, parti pris, patentee, Pawnee, payee, pea, pee, permittee, plc, pledgee, pollee, presentee, promisee, quay, ratatouille, referee, refugee, releasee, repartee, retiree, returnee, rupee, scot-free, scree, sea, secondee, see, settee, Shanxi, Shawnee, shchi, she, shea, si, sirree, ski, spree, standee, suttee, tant pis, tea, tee, tee-hee, Tennessee, testee, the, thee, three, thuggee, Tiree, Torquay, trainee, Tralee, transferee, tree, Trincomalee, trustee, tutee, twee, Twi, undersea, vestee, vis-à-vis, wagon-lit, Waikiki, warrantee, we, wee, whee, whoopee, ye, yippee, Zuider Zee
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: plea
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.