Definition of plethysmograph in English:
An instrument for recording and measuring variation in the volume of a part of the body, especially as caused by changes in blood pressure.
- Lennox and coworkers found that drift of an inductive plethysmography signal was only 22% of the drift arising from changes in temperature within a body plethysmograph.
- Lung volumes were measured in a whole-body plethysmograph, and data were expressed as a percent of the predicted values published by Goldman and Becklake.
- Hulskamp and coworkers measured lung volume with a new plethysmograph in 32 healthy infants.
- Example sentences
- The pulse oximeter also utilizes a plethysmographic waveform to differentiate pulsatile arterial hemoglobin saturation from venous blood.
- Before and after training, spirometry, plethysmographic lung volumes, and carbon monoxide diffusing capacity were assessed.
- Baseline specific airways conductance and airway responsiveness to histamine were measured using a non invasive body plethysmographic technique.
Definition of plethysmograph in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia