- A light rubber-soled canvas shoe, worn especially for sports.More example sentences
- She is already wealthier than the 50 school friends she once ran with, in plimsolls and skirts.
- Athletes must complete a 200-yard circuit, gingerly stepping over obstacles in their path such as fast-food containers, cans of lager and noxious-smelling plimsolls.
- And, comfortable as they may look, O'Neill also urges parents to campaign against any school policy that requires children to wear plimsolls inside at all times.
late 19th century: probably from the resemblance of the side of the sole to a Plimsoll line.
More definitions of plimsollDefinition of plimsoll in:
- The US English dictionary