- 1Slow-moving and unexciting: a plodding comedy dramaMore example sentences
- The only highlights of this uneven, plodding documentary are the (far too few) moments when we do see footage from his films.
- Nevertheless, for a short book it develops an amazing richness of colorful detail, so that there is never a dull moment nor a plodding page.
- I found it plodding, uninteresting, and, with the substitution of repetition for analysis, rather less informative than might be expected.
- 1.1(Of a person) thorough and hard-working but lacking in imagination or intelligence: plodding, methodical Ralph BellamyMore example sentences
- Married to a plodding farmer, who for 15 years didn't have a clue about her secret life, things must have been pretty dull for her.
- Aunt Leah was a plodding woman of innocent wit and demeanor, more loveable than pathetic, less an adult than an overgrown child.
- He's a plodding, conventional square, she's a get-ahead, modern girl who doesn't need to cling to conventional wisdom.
- More example sentences
- Most popular written fiction is almost excessively literal, ploddingly so, and requires no more advanced mental capacity than your average comic does, or your sub-average comic.
- The digging is ploddingly slow, the weather hot.
- As I said before he's so ploddingly dull and predictable.
More definitions of ploddingDefinition of plodding in:
- The US English dictionary