- A meal of bread and cheese, typically with pickle and salad.More example sentences
- The straightforward menu offers sandwiches, as well as ploughman's lunches and, typically, whitebait with tartare sauce and hearty steak and kidney pies.
- This was followed by an appetizer of velvety foie gras, served in the manner of a traditional ploughman's lunch, with slivers of Beaufort cheese and bread.
- Autumn is ideal for crisp British apples to accompany a ploughman's lunch of local farmhouse cheese.
More definitions of ploughman's lunchDefinition of ploughman's lunch in:
- The US English dictionary