Definition of plug and play in English:
Denoting or relating to software or devices that are intended to work perfectly when first used or connected, without reconfiguration or adjustment by the user: a plug and play device plug and play connectivity
More example sentences
- The low-profile design is light and comfortable, and the mouse itself is plug and play with either Windows or Mac systems.
- You'll experience clear, digital sound with the simplicity of a single USB plug-and-play connection.
- Cables and a remote control are included, and the plug-and-play connectivity makes installation a breeze.
noun(usually Plug and Play) Back to top
A standard for the connection of peripherals to personal computers, whereby a device only needs to be connected to a computer in order to be configured to work perfectly.
- NAS appliances install directly into the corporate LAN, often with the ease and simplicity of Plug and Play.
- Once we upgraded, we found that the serial smartcard readers do not work with Plug and Play.
- Plug and Play has almost always been available under Linux through user-space configuration utilities and by using external modules for drivers.
Definition of plug and play in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.