- 1The system of pipes, tanks, fittings, and other apparatus required for the water supply, heating, and sanitation in a building: you may be able to get a grant to install proper plumbing and bathrooms the kitchen has a gas cooker point and plumbing for an automatic washing machineMore example sentences
- There was no kitchen or bathroom, no plumbing or central heating.
- He simply recalled that he drained the old water heater, disconnected the plumbing and reconnected the plumbing when the new water heater was in place and filled the new tank with water.
- The downstairs renovations will include a new entrance and kitchen as well as new plumbing, heating and air-conditioning.
- 1.1The work of installing and maintaining a plumbing system: the magazine gives a guide to the tools needed for home plumbingMore example sentences
- I know some carpentry, but I know nothing about electrics or plumbing or roofing.
- There seemed to be quite a bit of construction, some plumbing, carpentry, and certainly a good deal of blood, sweat and tears.
- I learned plumbing, electrical, painting, paper hanging - you name it.
- 1.2 • informal Used as a humorous euphemism for the excretory tracts and urinary system: I’d never discuss my plumbing with ladiesMore example sentences
- Tomorrow's tests are to check that there's no kidney damage and to check that her 'plumbing' is right.
- I will be taking her to a pediatric urologist after Christmas, to check out her plumbing.
More definitions of plumbingDefinition of plumbing in:
- The US English dictionary