- Having many fine filaments or branches which give a feathery appearance.More example sentences
- Fruits of this species are glabrous achenes, with sepals modified into plumose bristles and are frequently wind-dispersed.
- These crystalline minerals likely comprise dark brown to black inclusions within the plume; such inclusions have a metallic to submetallic luster and can themselves vary from plumose textures to discrete granules.
- Some of the muscovite forms attractive plumose sprays of large blades.
mid 18th century: from Latin plumosus 'full of down or feathers', from pluma 'down'.
More definitions of plumoseDefinition of plumose in:
- The US English dictionary