- Used to express resigned acknowledgement of the fundamental immutability of human nature and institutions.More example sentences
- But just when it appeared that change was imminent, with the arrival of a no-nonsense government minister whose tough job was to effect change in public-police relations, up pops another apparent case of plus ça change!
- I was like that back then, an opinionated little git (yeah yeah, plus ça change…).
- But the lesson from the forthcoming White Paper is plus ça change.
French, from plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose 'the more it changes, the more it stays the same'.
More definitions of plus ça changeDefinition of plus ça change in:
- The US English dictionary