Definition of plyometrics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
A form of exercise that involves rapid and repeated stretching and contracting of the muscles, designed to increase strength.
- What he's done is mix and match an unusual assortment of resistance-training exercises, plyometrics and cardio work into a sophisticated fat-burning-circuit approach that takes less than an hour to complete.
- Me and my dad and my buddy Phil all work out together, doing plyometrics, running, weights, stuff like that, just staying in shape.
- In the gym I tend to do a lot of plyometrics and explosive work because a lot of fencing is about footwork and changing the rhythm.
- Example sentences
- Before any plyometric drill is started, it is important for the athlete to already be warmed up and not suffering from any leg or knee injury.
- You can also add plyometric training to your workout.
- For this workout, you'll perform a different combination of plyometric exercises and variations on Olympic lifts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan