- A large, heavy mechanical drill driven by compressed air, used for breaking up a hard surface such as a road.More example sentences
- A workman below was using a pneumatic drill to break up some concrete which had already been laid.
- Television footage showed yellow-suited rescuers with headlights using their hands and small pneumatic drills to break through concrete floor slabs and pulling victims on stretchers from collapsed homes and apartments
- These inventions, together with the diamond drilling crown and the pneumatic drill, drastically reduced the cost of blasting rock, drilling tunnels, building canals and many other forms of construction work.
More definitions of pneumatic drillDefinition of pneumatic drill in:
- The US English dictionary