The branch of Christian theology concerned with the Holy Ghost and other spiritual concepts.
- He does so brilliantly, synthesizing Thomas's doctrine of God, God's relationship to creation, the doctrine of ‘image and likeness,’ and Christology and pneumatology.
- The relation between Christology and pneumatology has been an important element of contemporary ecumenical discussion especially between eastern and western Christians.
- It is true, of course, that every Christian belief is related to all the others; but pneumatology in particular would seem to be a zone of theology that can hardly be entered except by an indirect route.
- Example sentences
- Reflecting traditional religions' stress on immediate experience of spiritual reality, worship and theology become more pneumatological, with greater emphasis on the experience and power of the Holy Spirit.
- I call the third and final inflection of the triune name the pneumatological inflection, the inflection most naturally appropriated to the third person of the Trinity.
- On the other side, Pentecostals are nurtured by a pneumatological vision of what it means to be the church; their identity is therefore as a fellowship of the Spirit centered around the presence and activity of the Spirit of Jesus.
Definition of pneumatology in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.