noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A disease of the lungs due to inhalation of dust, characterized by inflammation, coughing, and fibrosis.More example sentences
- The breathing of coal and rock dust causes black lung, the common name given to the lung diseases pneumoconiosis and silicosis.
- The 77 year old recipient was bed bound with severe emphysema and pneumoconiosis.
- Among individuals with certified occupational exposures to asbestos in the United States, 20% die of pneumoconiosis.
More definitions of pneumoconiosisDefinition of pneumoconiosis in:
- The US English dictionary