noun (plural pneumonectomies)[mass noun]
- Surgical removal of a lung or part of a lung.More example sentences
- The method might also be applied to answer the question whether compensatory lung growth after pneumonectomy occurs by formation of new alveoli or by enlargement of existing alveoli.
- The first, pneumonectomy, is a full resection of the affected lung.
- Lobectomy was performed in 34 cases and pneumonectomy in 10 cases.
More definitions of pneumonectomyDefinition of pneumonectomy in:
- The US English dictionary