- short for postmodern. po-mo literary theoryMore example sentences
- Culture jamming, the public act of subverting the power of advertising and other media messages, has a po-mo street credibility that makes it seem like a recent creation of achingly earnest anti-globalist placard-wavers.
- There is an inspired hybridity of literary conventions in paragraphs such as this, in which LaFarge, a conflicted realist with a po-mo gamester's skepticism, feels compelled to ironize his own material.
- How, exactly, are highly sophisticated, 21st Century po-mo hipsters supposed to relate meaningfully to the archaic mutterings of a long-dead Roman poet on the immutability of change?
nounBack to top
- short for postmodernism. po-mo has become mainstream
More definitions of po-moDefinition of po-mo in:
- The US English dictionary