noun(the po-po or the po-pos) US • informal
- The police: he had no idea the po-po had been following himMore example sentences
- And anyhow, Ms. Albert said, the police were on their tail. Or more precisely, the ‘po-po’, as she called them.
- Shopping for bling, getting hassled by the po-po, savouring a new flavour of crisps—just another day in the life of the London geezer whose ubran-realist rapping has made him one of pop music's most original voices.
- The po-po ain't here by now, they ain't coming.
1990s: reduplicated abbreviation of police.
More definitions of po-poDefinition of po-po in:
- The US English dictionary